requirements to apply for any position at Camp Winnataska
Regardless of age, experience, or past work history with Winnataska, every employee must meet these requirements. It is very important that you read over this entire page. DO NOT apply if you are not able to fulfill all of these requirements. The link to the application is at the bottom of this page.
- Staff and Leaders will submit an online application. (Link at bottom of the page.) Due by December 31st.
- Program Specialists will submit a written application. (Request an application from firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Every person who works or volunteers for Winnatska must list three references.
- Staff and Leader applicants must have a (ONE) teacher fill out a recommendation form. Click here for the online form. For 2017, all references are submitted electronically.
- Returning staff members and returnng leaders need a new reference form when reapplying.
- This recommendation must be received by January 5, 2018.
- RETURNING leaders have already had an interview and do not need to interview again.
- NEW leaders(regardless of age) must come to a personal interview on one of these dates:
- January 6 - Birmingham
- January 13 - Birmingham
- If at all possible, interviews should take place on January 7 or January 14. If you are unavailable to interview in person on either of those dates please contact ann.winnataska@gmail. Phone interviews can be arranged for leaders who have conflicts or who live far away. Please indicate this in the appropriate place on the application.
- All applicants for SUMMER STAFF must interview on January 6, January 13, or at a time agreed upon by the applicant and hiring committee. Those with a conflict on the the above dates need to contact email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Program Specialists will set up interviews on a case-by-case basis.
4. Background checks
- All summer staff members undergo an extensive criminal background check and must pass a drug test before being hired.
- All volunteers, staff, and leaders must sign a consent to perform drug testing. Minors must have this signed by parents.
- Random volunteers, leaders, staff members and directors will be tested for drug use during the summer.
5. Leader Training
- New leaders who are chosen for the summer of 2017 must attend training at Camp Winnataska on Friday, March 2 - Sunday, March 4.
- Returning leaders must attend training at Camp Winnataska on Saturday, April 6-8.
- There will be an alternate training days for leaders, although every effort should be made to attend the appropriate training weekend.
5. Staff Training:
- Summer staff members must attend training at camp on February 2-4.
6. CPR certification
- All volunteers, staff members, and leaders must have a copy of their current CPR certification on file in the office.
- CPR training will be offered at camp, March 4.
- If a leader or staff member chooses not to take the class offered by camp, they are responsible for finding and completing the class before the summer. Proof of successful class completion is required to work at camp.
7. Other requirements:
- In March, each leader must complete the AVAILABILITY SURVEY for weekly assignments. This is explained at training. The availability survey is an online form that indicates which weeks you are able to volunteer.
- All employees and volunteers must have an ACA VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURE STATEMENT on file. It is to be filled out every year. You will be sent this statement if you are selected.
- All employees and volunteers must have an ACA CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION form on file. This is also sent to you if you are selected.
- All leaders and staff members need to regularly check an email address.
- All leaders and staff members need to join the Leader or Staff facebook group page.
- All leaders and staff members must complete a Health Form. (Signed by a parent for those 18 and under.) This will be sent to you if you are selected.
Interviews are scheduled in Birmingham for January 6 and January 13, 2018. More information will be posted here when applications are open.
Training will occur at camp on the following days:
Summer staff - February 2-4, 2018
New leaders - March 2-4, 2018
Returning leaders - April 6-8, 2018
More information will be posted once applications are open.