Winnataska Thanks You for Your Support
friends of winnataska
The mission of FOW: Friends of Winnataska, Inc. raises and manages funding for the benefit of Camp Winnataska, so that the camp’s staff and volunteers may carry out the purposes of operating a traditional summer camping program each summer at Camp Winnataska.
FOW welcomes financial support from individuals and families, corporations and businesses, foundations and other granting organizations. The Winnataska endowment and Annual Fund were established in 1998 to provide long-term sustainability of Winnataska. One of our first efforts was the “brick campaign” at Hillside. For this venture, people can still purchase bricks honoring or memorializing individuals or families. We are undertaking numerous new initiatives to enhance “the camp we love the best of all,” including fund-raising events, donation requests, and grant-writing.
FOW has embarked on a new fundraising campaign to help Camp Winnataska celebrate its upcoming 100th birthday, please visit our FOW website to learn how you can help us continue to Follow the Gleam!
RECENT FACILITY and program updates
Thanks to the support of generous donors and partners, many improvements have been made to camp in the past few years. These include, but are not limited to
- erosion control on Mainside
- two new bathhouses on Mainside
- a tornado shelter/storage unit near the dining hall
- a canteen
- new restrooms and a water fountain in the outdoor pavilion
- replacing decking on Mainside huts
- new mattresses and beds for campers
- kayaks and paddle boards for camper use
- remodel left wing of Strickland Lodge
- inflatables for use in the gorge